Making the most of your online degree programme
Once you’ve made the momentous decision to embark on an online degree programme, how can you be sure that you take full advantage of all the opportunities our distance learning degrees offer?
Here are some handy tips to help you get started:
- Choose a course that is relevant for your work or which engages your interest personally. Your degree is going to be a major part of your life in the coming months and years, so by choosing wisely, you can be sure of remaining motivated even when the going gets tough.
- If you don’t understand, ask! Our course advisors, tutors and lecturers are approachable and helpful. We’d far rather you ask us about any aspect of your studies that is worrying you than suffer in silence. The power and speed of digital technology means you’ll receive a fast answer, allowing you to get back to the important business of studying.
- Read, read and read some more. When you sign up for one of our online degree programmes, you’ll have access to vast online resources. Make full use of this valuable information to give yourself the best chance of doing well in essays and assignments.
- Be disciplined in your studies. Endeavour to cover all the tutorials and lecture notes provided, and make every effort to submit your coursework and assignments by the set date.
- Participate in your online degree programme’s forums, discussion groups, wikis and blogs as much as you are able / wish to. Distance learning used to be quite a lonely experience, but now all that has changed. You can be as interactive as you wish, and - as you’ll quickly discover - exchanging ideas and information with fellow students who share your interests is both instructive and highly enjoyable.
Support from Anglia Ruskin staff - all part of our online degree service
At every stage of your online degree programme, our staff will be on hand to assist you - from our experienced course advisors, who will help you decide which course best suits you, through to our internationally acclaimed team of professors, lecturers and tutors, who will instruct and guide you as you work through your distance learning course in your chosen discipline.
For more information about making the most of your online degree, contact us.