Find your course
Accessibility statement for Anglia Ruskin University Distance Learning
This website is run by Anglia Ruskin University. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 200% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- use the site across multiple devices
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We are aware that some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot use our site search tool without a keyboard
- our third party 'Live Chat' tool makes it difficult or impossible to see the dotted focus outline on some elements
- one area uses non-decorative content meaning assistive technologies may not be able to access the information
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to ensure that this website is accessible as possible. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: email@example.com.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Anglia Ruskin University is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non accessible content
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
- You cannot use our search function without a keyboard. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 2.1.1 (keyboard accessible). We aim to fix this by September 2020.
- Our third party 'Live Chat' tool makes it difficult or impossible to see the dotted link focus outline. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 2.4.7 (Navigable). We are working with our third party supplier to fix this issue, or change supplier if necessary, by September 2020.
- One area of the website is using non-decorative content. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.3.1 (adaptable). We have deemed this as non-meaningful content as it is not designed for people to actively view and reed themselves but for a feed reader.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on 6th February 2020. The test was carried out using a desktop program called Sortsite. We have also used the Chrome browser internal accessibility audit and the online tool Markup Validations Service. Additional manual checks were also carried out in a variety of web browsers.
- our main website platform, available at distancelearning.anglia.ac.uk
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We aim for the content and design of this website to be fully compliant with the guidelines set out by the WCAG and will continue to assess and improve our accessibility based on these guidelines and user feedback.
This statement was prepared on 6th February 2020. It was last updated on 6th February 2020.